Roman blinds are a great way to create a simple, streamlined look for your windows.
They are an attractive window furnishing option that uses less fabric than many other window treatments. So its great value for any budget, and with the extra savings, you can easily indulge in more decadent fabrics to add a touch of class to any room.
How do roman blinds work?
Roman blinds can be operated either with a traditional cord, or more often, a chain drive mechanism. The benefit of the chain drives is the blind will feel lighter, making it easier and quicker for you to lift.
Also, your blind will always go up and down straight as the cords are set evenly when they are installed.
We offer both the canvas style of roman blind and the more designer, soft roman blind.
Soft roman blinds
Soft roman blinds are fantastic as they’ll give you great blockout, privacy, and insulation. What’s more, you have a huge range of drapery fabrics to choose from - and if you have drapes, you can even match your roman blinds to your drapes!
Soft roman blinds give you the option to add designer features such as front battens, swag bases and contrast hems. This style of blind is made up of a special stiffened lining with your drapery fabric over the top.
Canvas / Beach roman blinds
Canvas or beach roman blinds are made from roller blind fabrics. We always use aluminium back battens to minimise any puckering or stitch holes which can be a problem with this style of roman blind.
How can I best use roman blinds in my home?
- Great for dressing window and to show off architraves
- Create impact with many different patterns and colours
- Easily add a touch of glamour, a playful feel, or calmness to a room
- Efficient use of space, works well with smaller windows
- Good choice if you don’t like curtains OR it combine well with curtains (if you like curtains)
- Make windows neater with pelmet
- Maximise light with box pelmet
Will roman blinds look good in my home? In this room?
It’s possible to take the guesswork out of roman blinds so you can be confident your room will look stunning. We want you to see, feel, and think about what your room will look like.
To help you imagine how your home may look, please take a look at the photos on this page, the Gallery, and updates on our Instagram page to see how other homes use roller blinds for many types of interior design styles.
Also check out roman blinds on Pinterest. Finally, do a Google search of the keyword ‘roman blinds’ and browse through the images that appear.
We’ll present you with a carefully selected range of fabric colours, textures, and patterns so you can see and feel the material. We’ll chat about the details that will affect the look of your blinds and how it will best complement your room.
How can we help you?
At Blind Ambition, you’ll find a wide spectrum of roman blind choices to suit any room in your home. We can help you with fabric colours, textures, and patterns that will fit into your chosen interior style.
Are you after a Transitional style that is appealing, sleek, warm, and inviting?
Or the stylish, beachy, relaxed vibe of a Coastal / Hamptons look?
Any look you’re after, you can be sure Kate, our experienced consultant can help you achieve it.
- Contact us
- Book your consultation
- Select curtains and blinds
- Arrange installation time
Existing home owners: book us in for your in-home consultation.
New home builders: bring in your plans.
Each consultation includes:
- Discussion about your needs and style preferences
- Visual examples to show you how your rooms could look
- Browse through fabric swatches
- Ideas that work with your budget
- Chat about all the small details so everything works well and looks great
What to expect from us
Expect us to take the time to listen and understand what you want and need from every room in your home. We’ll ask lots of questions and chat about the small details you may not have even thought about.
Tim our fully qualified fitter installs all blinds according to Australian safety regulations. So you can rest assured your blinds are fitted with life-saving devices to avoid children or pets becoming entangled.
You can expect:
- A caring personalised consultation service
- High quality fabrics
- Whole home approach
- Competitive pricing
- Reliable post service support
- Got a quote? Tell us and we’ll do our best to beat it (for the same product).
- We can create the best value for you when you furnish your whole home with us.
You can't go wrong here what great service with a smile. They go out of their way for you - Kristine Holland